Landing Your Next Job by Tweeting
I shared some social-media job search tactics in November. This MSNBC News video shows us two specific examples of how people used Twitter to find jobs. Lessons learned from these two examples include:
- Tweet like an expert --- for job seekers, social media is no longer a tool for personal communications; everything posted on social media is open to the public and should be professional.
- Use Twitter hashtags (i.e. @LinchiKwok)
- Connect with recruiters and current employees of the company
- Build a relevant network
- Start a “Hire Me” campaign
- Take it offline --- continue a conversation with potential employers with e-mails or phone, or meet with them in person.