What Are the Top Businesses for Starters?
Kate Rogers reported the findings of the top five start-up businesses in 2011, a research completed by Sageworks, Inc, at FoxNews.com. They are:
- Foodservice and catering rank the No. 1 on the list, with the average sales growth of 6.5%. While people cut spending in restaurants, food contractors in the workplaces “win” because they help people save money and time.
- Graphic, interior or industrial design firm gets the No. 2 spot with the growth rate of 6.2%. One contributing factor is that people made improvements on their properties before putting them on the market.
- No. 3 is website designing and consulting. Business understands that good websites attracts customers. Plus, I believe there is a growing emphasis on social media on websites.
- Bookkeeping and accounting. Controlling costs and cash flows is always very important. This area grew 4.9% in the last 12 months.
- Landscaping, janitorial or pest control services grew by 4.7% because “maintenance services never go out of style, despite cash being tight.”