-->I attended both IHMRS (International Hotel, Motel + Restaurant Show) and BDNY (Boutique Design Trade Fair) this year with 15 students, faculty, and staff from the Collins College of Hospitality Management at Cal Poly Pomona. Being a five-time attendee of IHMRS since 2009 and a professor who often shares hospitality trends and industrial updates, I paid special attention to new products and ideas that were different from those in the past. Guess what new products and ideas I found?
|+Cal Poly Pomona Students Attended the +IHMRS 2014 in +City of New York|
- Fewer e-commerce sites, OTA sites, or mobile app developers attended IHMRS than before.
- TV mirrors are here.
- Green practices will stay.
- "Special" textiles will be used for a variety of purposes and facilities.
- Preserved vertical gardens help businesses keep the beauty of plants but require no maintenance.
- +DrainWig is helpful in solving the clogging issues of drains.
- +Made In China --- there is a section just for Chinese manufacturers.
If you attended this year’s IHMRS and/or BDNY, please share your experience with us. If you missed this year’s event, you may check out my Facebook photo album and my detailed discussion on MultiBriefs.