Tim Zagat, the CEO of Zagat.com, shared the results of the company’s survey in a MSNBC News video about the new dining etiquette for the Web 2.0 age. Let me know what you think of these new rules of dining out:
- Women and men should be treated equally, no matter who is paying for the bill.
- Whoever initiates a dinner date should pay for the bills, regardless of the gender.
- Do NOT talk, text, tweet, or e-mail at the table and turn off a cellphone's ringer. It is fine, however, to use cellphones when one is alone.
- It is fine to bring children to most restaurants, but not a good idea if it is a romantic place.
- Casual dress is more acceptable these days.
- One should honor his/her reservations. Or, one must cancel them on time.
- Do NOT overstay one's welcome at a restaurant, especially in a busy location.
- “Customers are always right.”