Facebook is launching a new service that allows “friends” and those within a “friend’s network” to post and answer questions. Facebook users (within or beyond the network) can rate if a statement valuable or invaluable by clicking on a tick or a cross. This new Facebook app sounds very similar to Yahoo!Answers, isn’t it? Yet, just because it is a Facebook app, it could be different. How so?
1. People often ask questions about others’ experience of intangible products. To a hospitality or travel/tourism related question, answers from a “trustful” friend or someone in a friend’s network may become very influential because a answer’s “Word-of-Mouth” marketing effect can be greatly manifested.
2. Facebook allows users to search questions and answers of related topics that have already been answered and rated, which increases visibility (very similar to Yahoo!Answers).
3. Facebook has 400 million registered users --- only if it can open the market of mainland China, that number could be doubled. In March, Facebook has become the most visited website in the U.S. Word-of-Mouth message can get the “maximum” exposure on Facebook.
4. Facebook allows companies and organizations to create Fan pages or Groups. Companies can actively interact with potential customers on Facebook.
5. When reservation and payment tools on Facebook become more mature, companies may capture more opportunities in Facebook Questions webpage and turn those opportunities into real business.
Interested in more discussion about Facebook in hospitality industry? Within this blog, search “Facebook” under “Search Posts” (a tool on the right) and read more.
Picture was downloaded from: http://tinyurl.com/linchikwok06012010P