If a student can only afford one formal dress and will probably keep this dress for the next several years, I would suggest him/her to stay away from low-cuts and any trendy designs but take the following suggestions:
For both male and female:
- Go with a dark color suit or dress --- a black, grey, or dark blue are very neutral colors that will work in many formal occasions, literally from weddings to funerals.
- Have at least one white dress shirt --- pink, yellow, or blue works fine for a certain occasions or to some people. White is the only color that will never go wrong.
- Have a pair of black dress shoes --- black shoes can go with many dark color dresses.
- Have several ties (or handkerchiefs) with a variety of colors --- If he does not have multiple suits and shirts for different occasions, he can still have different looks by changing his ties and handkerchiefs.
- Have several pins and some bright-color scarves --- She may wear the same dark-color suit or dress from time to time; scarves, pins, and makeup can make her very versatile.
Tattoos and piercing at work
Picture was downloaded from eHow.com.